Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Day with Dad

Dad has begun a new tradition. The first Saturday of the month we go see a family movie. The rest of the Saturdays he spends with one of his kids still at home. Today was my day. We did a lot of good things. We washed my car and vacuumed it out, hit Borders for warm Apple Spice drink, and we fixed a couple of things in my room.


Notice the gap? Yup, it's about four inches big and looks stupid.


Voila! No gap. With a couple of awesome power tools and about 20 minutes the problem disappears.


Picture on my night stand. I've had this particular lace piano since Chels and Mom went to Italy years and years and years ago. It has never been hung on my wall.


Picture on my wall. Doesn't it look good? I'm so glad my piano finally has a place in my room. I've always loved the grouping of standing pieces with hanging pieces to create a comprehensive design or art piece. And I love the juxtaposition here. I have a standing clock, an item generally found on the wall. And I have a framed piano on my wall, and item that usually has all three legs firmly on the ground.

1 comment:

Seantylle said...

How Fun! What a cool tradition!