Friday, January 9, 2009

You want to know what did we did on our Christmas vacation? Well, let me tell you...


So...I uploaded these in reverse chronological order and because Seantylle isn't here to tell me to just upload them again I'm going to roll with it...hope you don't mind.



We spent most of the week between Christmas and New Years in Omaha, Nebraska. Dave and Rebekah have a beautiful house but the best part about it (as far as Graham was concerned) was the unfinished basement. Rebekah's sister-in-law was visiting while we were there and she brought these little cars - Graham would have been down there all day everyday if we would have let him.



We went to the Winter Quarters Visitors Center and then drove around the temple. We had a good time pushing the handcart around the room. Seantylle and I had been there before but never in the winter - it was so cold. It gave me a greater appreciation for what those saints endured.

They have a room where you can look out a big glass window at the cemetery to the right and the temple to the left and then out of the corner of your eye you can see a painting of the Savior on Easter morning. There was a special spirit in that room.



We went to the Omaha Zoo - perhaps the best zoo I have ever been to. We had a blast. Graham loved all of the animals but really enjoyed seeing the gorillas and the giraffes.



Charlotte, on the other hand, didn't really love the zoo - it was cold and she couldn't touch the animals.



Nana, Papa, Jeff and Jessica - thank you for all of the great gifts - Graham loves his bulldozer. He told me Charlotte and I weren't allowed to play with it because it was his favorite.



I just thought this was a cute picture of Charlotte - We were making (graham cracker) ginger bread houses and she was just ready to go to bed.



Speaking of making ginger bread houses here's a cute picture of Seantylle and Graham. Building theirs.

We wish we could have spent the holidays with you all. It would have been great to have shared Charlotte's and Ella's first Christmas with everyone and then could have been there to meet Chole. We love you all and can't wait to see you this summer.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Your pictures are so cute! I especially love the one of Charlotte looked stressed and anxious. That's exactly how I feel sometimes. And I'm sure she thought it was especially lame cause she couldn't even help build the house. You guys are so cute. I love you tons and think you should move within one-day driving distance so I can come play with you.

Boden Family said...

We whole heartedly support you coming to play with us on a daily basis. We would love it!

Lauren in GA said...

Seantylle!!!
Thanks for your sweet birthday wishes on my blog. You made an old lady smile ;)

Your kids are just so, so, cute, Seantylle...oh, and so are yours, Dan...you had something to do with it too.